Faculty Meeting Recap: (of things that really pertain to students)
- · Undergrad program proposal update – things are looking promising and it’s moving forward through all the necessary steps
- · Portfolio – we all know what the status of this is at this point
Upcoming Resume workshop
· Collaboration with SLA Resume Discussion
· Scheduled for April 19th at 4:30 in the SLIS Conference room
o Look out for e-mails, facebook events, and a blog post
· 2 SLA member speakers will be present to provide information and answer questions
· Beverages and food will be provided
o Price for t-shirts is $8.00 each, there will be an online order function set up for ease of ordering
o There are three options for shirts. Choose one, two, or all three!
o More information and the online order form will be sent out soon
· Treasurer position
o Is open – a call will be sent out soon.
o All the LISSO positions will need to be filled come December 2011 – we will start appointing people for the positions in August for a smooth transition.
o Work will progress over the summer to make a better binder.
o Goal: have a small working binder for the president and a larger full binder for use by all the officers. Most of that information will also be available online.
· Blog revamp summer project
o Going to move the blog onto a wordpress which will be more organized in terms of important information
o Work is going for volume 2 and it will be ready soon
o A set schedule will be implemented for the newsletter for next year
With the newsletter and new blog, we hope to incorporate LISSO into the lives of Distance Learners
· LISSO Leadership Award
o Given at SLIS Banquet on April 29th
o Nominations and voting have been sent out and everyone who can should respond
o Look out for further e-mails
· Spring Picnic
o Good Foods donated 20 dollars to LISSO so good Good Foods food will be provided
o Date set for May 6th
o Possible locations are Woodland park, or Chelsey’s new house, woo!
· Summer event at Dr. O’Connor’s house
o Mid-June Pool party at Dr. O’s house
o Date to be determinied
· LISSO Pint Night
o Date: April 20th Blue moon night @ Pazzo’s a table will be reserved at 4:30, pint night starts at 6pm but get there early
· Brainstorm events for next year
o Submit some ideas on Facebook and we will get something together