Friday, July 29, 2016

Meet the Officers- President Lauren Farmer


I’m Lauren Farmer and I am your LISSO President! I am embarking on my second year as a Reference Graduate Assistant at William T. Young Library. In this position I work at the reference desk on the second floor of Young. I will also be assisting the academic liaison to the history department  with collection development and outreach.  This Fall I will be completing a practicum in Information Literacy in which I will gain continued experience in instruction and assessment.
I attended UK for my undergraduate degree in Education. My senior year I was an intern in the Learning Lab at the Special Collections Research Center. This internship sparked my interest in pursuing librarianship as a career, as up to that point I had planned on becoming a high school Social Studies teacher.  My current career goal is to work in an academic library in Reference and/or Information Literacy. You will often find me walking around campus looking at trees and saying hello to birds.
As LISSO President I want to do everything in my power to make your library school experience as fruitful as possible. I encourage you to participate in our events whenever you can, and never hesitate to approach me with any questions or concerns that you have. Please check out the libguide that I created (http://libguides.uky.edu/lisso) and fill out the program suvey so that LISSO can offer you ideal events.



No comments: